Interesting question. I've never quite understood what the charities had in mind when they do this. I mean, I know what they have in mind, but doesn't it seem a little strong-armish to send something "free" and expect people to be guilted into paying for it? And if you're not going to pay for it, then do you need to at least pay for the postage to send them back? And then what will happen except that they will have to be destroyed because what else can you do with someone else's address labels? I don't really feel like these labels are the best use of money that comes to a charity. And no, I don't use the labels because they have my old address on them. Nyah!
2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
When I'm looking up at the atmosphere, I'm usually looking at the things in the sky--clouds, stars--because the sky itself is not usually doing much. It's just kind of a backdrop.
3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)
I've had wildebeest, zebra and crocodile. Crocodile tastes a little like chicken, but it's very fatty. One thing I won't eat is fried grasshoppers, and you can't make me! (I'm feeling a little defiant today, can you tell?)
4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)
No, but I've heard a tree bark. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?
I would learn Nicky-language so that I could converse with my son and his imaginary friends.
6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
"Life's hard and then you die, so eat your breakfast." I've said that before to my kids and they have threatened to put it on my tombstone. And since I would be dead, I think they would have the last word.
7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.
I am known by one name--Mom. I do a one-woman show, and I'm always asked for autographs.
8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
Although I have never blended the line between entertainment and reality, I absolutely loved Alias. I was out of the country when it started, and by the time I discovered it, it was already in its fourth season. I bought the dvd's and devoured one episode after another. I was actually grateful I didn't watch it when it first aired--I would never have been able to wait an entire week for the next episode!
9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?
My sneeze comes out however it comes out and I have very little to say about it. I do think that more important than controlling the sound is controlling the spray.
10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
I get some news from the internet, some from television, some from a newspaper and most from my neighbor. She's very well-informed and she likes to gossip.
11. Are you a good speller?
Spelling always counts! Ask any of my kids--I count off spelling even in their math tests.
12. At what time each day do you start thinking about
Usually when I'm racing out the door to work and realizing that I didn't pack one.
If you want to answer the random dozen, or if you'd like to read other people's answers, click the link at the top of the post!