2nd Cup of Coffee.
1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
I would compete and WIN at Solo Synchronized Swimming. It was a sport at the Olympic Games between 1984 and 1992. It took the organizers three Olympics to realize that a person swimming alone cannot be synchronized with anyone else. I am not making this up!
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
I remember the Kidette Olympics our church did when I was little. I had a wonderful time, won a trophy and then threw up all the way home. It just doesn't get any better than that.
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
No, but I know lots of people that haven't competed in the Olympics. And I know one person that almost kinda could have competed in the Olympics except for the whole broke his ankles on the dismount and spent all that time in physical therapy thing.
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
I would have the gold medal in running late. Unless they don't allow professionals to compete. I am professionally, habitually late. I'm not proud of it, but I would be if someone gave me a gold medal for it.
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
I am a mutt. I'm part French, part Irish, part German and a little Scottish thrown in. Variety is the spice of life, and apparently my ancestors believed in ethnic diversity.
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
Do you know anyone who doesn't? Seriously. There is no one sane that does not enjoy sleeping late.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
No, but I've RSVP'd someone before. Does that count?
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
I couldn't stop with one country; I want to visit a whole continent. I'd like to visit Europe. Because I've never been there, that's why!
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
Is there another way to fix a couple up? Do you spot two of your friends and think they would make good best friends for each other so you invite them both over to dinner and spend the evening telling both of them how much they have in common? Because if you do, in no time at all they will spend all their free time together and you will be left out in the cold with nothing to show for it but indigestion over all the food you prepared for that meal. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything. Wait. I didn't answer the question, did I?
10. What is the last book you read?
How to Win Friends and Influence People. Is it working?
11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??
Okay. How's this for a question: of all the Random Questions you've answered over the past few months, which one was your favorite?
A random question about random questions! It just doesn't get any better than this! (I'm overwhelmed with my own excitement.) I liked the first question from the Random Dozen asked on December 2nd:
Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like? And my answer:
I am most like Dorothy because I like to be the star, I love red shoes, and I know several people I'd like to drop a house on.
Note to Linda: I think we should have more of these types of questions because I identify easily with people who aren't real.
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
I don't know. I'd like to make Ruth's Chris my favorite restaurant, but I haven't been there yet.
If you'd like to join in and give your own answers to the Random Dozen (and really, who wouldn't?) then click on the link at the top of the post. Or answer some of the questions in your comments. You did intend to leave comments, didn't you?